* For this assignment, you will read a novel or memoir and share it with the class via Google Slides.
*Your book talk will be AT LEAST 5 minutes. I am confident yours will exceed this.
- Provide the following information during your booktalk:
A strong introduction to the novel/presentation
A short author biography- about 5 to 7 facts should cover it. Choose facts that are relevant to the author’s career as a writer.
State the book’s point of view- 1st person, 3rd person. Explain the reason for this point of view.
4. A summary of the setting. Identify the time period, place, etc. Include at least THREE direct quotations (parenthetically referenced) from the novel that give a feeling of the setting. Discuss why the setting is appropriate to the plot.
- Provide at least THREE photo images of setting- these could be images found on the Internet or your own photography.
- This section will be at least THREE slides of content- do not overpower your slides with words. You will expand your thoughts during the presentation.
5. A basic plot summary. It should be a collapsed version of the story from beginning to climax. This section should not dominate the booktalk. DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE ENDING!
- Provide at least FOUR photo images for the summary- these could be images found on the Internet or your own photography.
- This section will be at least FOUR slides of content- do not overpower your slides with words. You will expand your thoughts during the presentation.
6. An explanation of at least TWO themes within the novel. For each theme, use a parenthetical reference from the book to support your interpretation. The parenthetically reference direct quote will appear in your slideshow.
A memoir is a work of non-fiction that focuses upon an important and/or influential event which has happened in their life. Visit the website link below to learn more about this genre of non-fiction.